Saturday, August 16, 2008

It's time to start a blog...


I always told Justin that I would start a blog when I had something noteworthy to blog about. Well, that time has come! In mid-April, we're going to have a new addition to our home. Yep, I'm pregnant! Justin and I go to our first doctor appointment on Friday, August 22 at 4:00 pm. You can look for posts here about how that goes!

I know, for many of you this is a real shock! It wasn't very long ago that I didn't think that I'd be ready, and now here I am, hopeful about our future family and still a little nervous about actually HAVING the baby. I know that God is faithful and will prepare me, just as He prepared me for this step! We've told our families and are now ready to share our news with our friends. We're so excited to share this with you all, and can't wait for your words of wisdom! Post away, and we'll be updating as we get more news!

16 comments:

the thorntons said...

I knew when you told me that you started a blog that you were pregnant! I just had a feeling! CONGRATULATIONS!!! You and Justin are going to be such amazing parents. I'll be praying for you and the baby during these next few months. YAY for the blog so that I can stay updated! So excited for you!

Anonymous said...

We are soooooo excited for you guys! Thank you so much for including us in this awesome news! What adventures lie ahead....we'll be praying for you guys! WOOHOO!!! We love you and Baby Smith!

Sarah Jane said...

Congrats you guys!! How exciting! Little baby is lucky to have you as parents... you'll be awesome! And Linus and Lucy will have another playmate. We hope you're doing well. Blessings as you begin this new chapter of your life.

Ashley said...

OH MY GOODNESS! we are SO excited!! we just need ya to hurry and move back so we can plan play dates!!!:)
miss you guys!
love,
rhett & ashley

granny said...

Wow! A new chapter in your lives and in our lives too. Can't wait to hold our grandchild -- a first for us! We love you and are praying for you. And, Rachel, you really never were that little! Grandpa and Granny

Anonymous said...

That is awesome guys! I concur w/ Ashley's comment about you getting back here quickly.
Tim & Kara

Anonymous said...

I was so excited when I read your email that I screamed and scared Trey! Congratulations! You and Justin are going to be wonderful parents, this baby will be very blessed. Enjoy each step along the way - We are so excited for you. Stephanie and Trey

Anonymous said...

YEA!!!!!!!!!!! I have been wanting to call and ask,but I knew you would tell in time. Congrats! THis is an awesome time, enjoy it. It goes by so fast. Y'all are in our prayers.
Love,
Mel

The Bethancourts said...

Smiths we just heard the good news yesterday! Babies in 2009 are going to be so fun. We are definitely excited for y'all and can't wait to hear all the stories. I think the West TX grandmothers are just beside themselves! Love you both!

Cami and Phillip

Sarah said...

oh sweet friend...i feel like crying i am so happy. you´re right...the Lord will prepare you...and you will be a great mom (and Justin a great Dad)!! can´t wait to follow along!! i´m in love with brazil and just asking the Lord to heal my body so i can start working hard. love you so much. what a blessing to get to see you before i left!!

MeMaw said...

I had a great weekend. Sorry I was so dense!! You are just too clever for my feeble mind! I am glad Janice was there to give me a clue as to what was going on!!!
I am anxious to keep up through your blog because I know this will be a busy year for you both. I am praying for all of you!!

sara lindsey said...

this abilene/tennis/southwestern crowd is EXCITED for you! i'll be watching for updates! congrats!
sara (stevens) lindsey

The Vann's said...

We're SO excited for y'all!!!Also, just as excited that you have started a blog and we can keep up with you no matter how far you move!! We will be praying for your health and the health of your beautiful little peanut!- The Vann's

kelley80 said...

Ummmmmm...if the baby comes early, like say March 22nd, can I name HER? Oh thank you! I knew you would say yes! I have two names already picked out. Oh hey, maybe it's twins and we can use both of them. Rut roh...hey Justin can you pick up Rachel from off the floor? ...rut roh, now can someone pick up Justin from off the floor? WOOHOO!
CONGRATULATIONS!! Finally, someone I can buy cute things for again! Oh yeah, and give the cutest baby bracelet EVER to!

Love,

Kelley and James

Anonymous said...

Well, I've been speechless since seeing that empty little bed and clever sign in the nursery! Can't wait to hold & love & tickle & say "put your finger in here..." with that little Smith baby!!! Can't tell you guys how proud ol' Grandpa is of you both! Gonna be fantastic Mommy & Daddy! Love you - all THREE!!!!

Anonymous said...

Ok, you know what this means. You really need to be close to relatives!!! CONGRATULATIONS! I know you are very excited and so are we. LO, CHILDREN ARE A HERITAGE OF THE LORD.
Love to the three of you,
Sylva and Leo