Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Diabetes Free!

It's 2009, which means this is the year Justin and I officially become parents! I went to the doctor last Friday to get tested for gestational diabetes. I'm proud to say that I'm diabetes free but that I'm anemic. I'm going to take iron every day, but other than that things are great! Noah is growing and doing really well and he's moving a LOT! :)
I have another doctor appointment in three more weeks. After that appointment I start going every two weeks. In five weeks I have my last ultrasound to see how big Noah is and to make sure that April 13 is still an appropriate date. We're touring the hospital that I'll deliver in on Sunday, and I'm really excited about that.
On another note, our house is for sale! We have a sign outside with an "I'm gorgeous inside" banner! It's been fun to do the little bit of updating that we've done and to see the house look so good. Again, I'll update more when we know something. Seems like there are a lot of things up in the air right now, but they're all such good things!
Next weekend we're going to Abilene to visit with some of the doctors that Justin will be working with and go house hunting. It will be fun to get to see where we might be living in six months and start to build some relationships with people who we'll hopefully be great friends with. Most of all, I'm excited to see where we could plant roots down for the rest of our lives. I hope you all have had a great start to the new year and that this post finds you all healthy, happy and home from travels with loved ones and another Christmas season! Look for more updates in the weeks to come!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a really neat few months ahead of you THREE! So glad that your health is staying good (with only a slight bit of an anemic thing....that's pretty easily fixed, ain't it?). And to know about that solid little spine that Noah-Bean is developing (I read Justin's blog, too)...growing, kicking, moving more every day. Gonna be a neat kid!

Have a great GREAT time in Abilene on the up-coming adventure! Can't wait to hear the details.

Love to all!

Granny & Grandpa D

the thorntons said...

I can't wait to get to see y'all more since you'll be living in Abilene! So exciting!! I can't believe your little Noah will be here so soon. I can't wait to meet him!!

The Bethancourts said...

Diabetes free is a good thing. I failed my initial screen so I was blessed with the 3 hr test, but I passed it with flying colors! I looked at it as my personal challenge in dealing with lots of blood drawing, which is NOT my favorite thing. Glad the bean is still doing well!

Anonymous said...

I am looking forward to seeing you next Sunday. Let me know if you need me to meet you to get the dogs.
It is getting so exciting knowing it won't be long until Noah will make an appearance and you will be close!!! Plus, I bet we will get to see your Mom and Dad more, too!!
Pop-pe went to the nursing home willingly, but he is NOT a happy camper.
Check out Cami's blog, you've been tagged!
Much love,
Me-Maw/Kay

Allison & Brandon said...

So happy that everything is going as it should for you :) That test is such a bummer! I had to take the 5 hour test with Bobby and thought I was going to pass out! Talk to you soon.

Hope said...

You sound so happy! I love it! I'm very glad for you that you passed that nasty sugar test.
So, you're moving to Abilene, eh? When?

Anonymous said...

Glad, glad, glad you're feeling great... and countin' the days!
April 11 would be a good target... but I AIN'T SHARING MY CAKE!

love to all of you. miss you much!

Auntie Kris

Kaely said...

I'm so glad y'all are moving here!! I was glad to see on Justin's Facebook page that y'all have a blog. Rachel, good to see your smiling face. You'll have to let us know next time you are headed to town.

Have you found a house yet? We bought this summer in Brookhollow - and love it! Good luck! Let us know if we can be of any help.