Here I go!
My family came to celebrate with me!Here's Noah all dressed up for my big day!
Doesn't he look studly!?!?
Justin was in charge of Noah during the ceremony, so he broke in the "man bag" that my Aunt Kris and Grannie got him. It's very inconspicuous and I think it worked splendidly!
In case you can't see it, Noah's little onesie says, "Happy First Mother's Day, Mom" on the front and, "Love, Noah" on the butt.
Aunt Sara, my sister, flew down from North Carolina to meet Noah and to celebrate with us. She's GREAT at getting Noah to smile, and I think he even laughed. That's right! At just five weeks and one day, I think my son laughed. He's so advanced! (Ok, I'm just kidding about the advanced thing, but I do really think he laughed). Here's her first time holding him.
Overall, it was a great weekend and having Noah around has just made everything a little bit sweeter. Happy late Mother's Day to all the Moms out there!





6 comments:
It was great sharing your achievement with you! We are proud of you and it was a good reason to come to Houston to see how much Noah had grown. It was good to see your family, too! We look forward to seeing them more often soon.
Much love, Kay
Studly indeed!! Congratulations on graduation!!! :) WOOHOO!
Way to go Rach! I'm so proud of you. And I definitely agree about those pictures - what a beautiful thing to have as a memory of every precious Mother's Day! Your pictures are so beautiful.
Love,
Marcie
Gee Rachel, could you have had a more eventful year?? What's next -- American Idol? Dancing with the Stars?
Wish we had been there to holler at the top of our lungs for you at graduation. Lucky for you, the embarrassment factor probably stayed low since we stayed on our side of the state line. No sobbing aunt in the stands.
Little Man looked very stylish. And Justin, you did that man-bag proud.You look like the "DO" photo in the back of Glamour magazine.
Hola Noah!
Wow.......is this your first international blog entry? James and I are in Cancun and we think your mom and dad should hop on a plane and come and join us! While they are at the spa, I will slap some water wings on you and we can go watch the sea turtles laying their eggs! There is a place right by our room that looks like a dugout for a baseball team that the hotel has built to protect the eggs, they man told us that they gather over 500 eggs every night for four months and as soon as they hatch they are released into the water. Wow Noah!---think of all the counting there is to do here! Oh and Rachel, be glad you are not a sea turtle, each mommy lays around 120 eggs per season! Whew! You would have had to come up with 119 more names!
Noah, you get more handsome every time I see you! I can't wait to get to play little piggies with your toes!
Love,
Kelley
What a great weekend it was...graduation, Auntie Sara, Noah-Bean growing like a - well, beanstalk! It sure was fun watching him smile & have fun with his Mommy and Daddy (he told me he was proud of you, Rachel!) and Aunt Sara & granny and MeMaw & PePaw...just lots of fun all weekend. (Even though Justin did beat me twice at Tiger Woods golf).
Love you all more every day!!!
Granny & Grandpa D.
Post a Comment