Saturday, September 27, 2008

We have a baby in there!

I went to the doctor on Thursday and heard the heartbeat! It was amazing, and it was in the 160s. I still don't feel great, but I'm starting to show a little bit and my clothes are tight. When I wear a dress, you can really tell!

Anyway, on Friday morning I went back for a triple screening and ultrasound. Justin wasn't able to come with me on Thursday to hear the heartbeat, but he was able to come on Friday. However, because the ultrasound was a "test", he couldn't join me in the room. I've uploaded some pictures, but they don't really do what I saw justice. I saw fingers and toes, witnessed a hiccup (though I still can't feel the baby move) and saw the profile of our baby. It was wonderful and, yes, I cried through most of the time that I could see the screen. The technician was excellent and showed me so much! I was sad that Justin missed it, but glad that I have pictures.

Right now, the baby has arms, hands, feet, a profile that you can see clearly and a big belly! So, I don't think I can call it a Lima Bean anymore 'cause it's a real baby in there! The pics below show that the baby has it's left hand draped over the forehead, and another picture shows it's legs are crossed at the ankles, but it wasn't clear so I didn't upload that one. Enjoy, and let us know what you think!!!

13 comments:

kelley80 said...

Hmmmmm....are you sure you just didn't swallow your gum? Maybe that is why you don't feel good. I can't see a baby in there. I even stood on my head and I can't see it. I will take another look but...really Rachel...you shouldn't swallow your gum.

Love,

Kelley

Anonymous said...

I see the baby! I see the baby!
Kelley's blind!

I laughed (and cried, of course)... and the baby's hand draped over the forehead can only mean one thing: DRAMA QUEEN!

Love you! Thanks for sharing... truly amazing!

love to the whole clan.

The Bethancourts said...

look at baby smith! So wonderful to finally see your baby in the tummy!

Anonymous said...

Baby Bean! This is your Aunt Sara calling! It can't be as bad as all that, now! You having your little hand draped over your forehead makes me think you are worried about somethin! Just enjoy the nice, warm hug your mommy's givin ya inside her belly! Your profile view makes me think you might look A LOT like your mommy! I can't wait to see what comes next and I am VERY glad you are all safe and sound. Maybe I'll call ya Beanie and Ike when you get here, just for fun! Love to you and your mommy and daddy!

Anonymous said...

P.S. Beanie Head! I'll send you a VERRRYY TINNNYYY pair of earmuffs so you won't have to be subjected to the racket of the NKOTB concert your mommy is dragging you to!

Anonymous said...

How exciting! I love the sonogram pictures and know that the time is going to pass so fast until time for Baby Smith to make an appearance.
Which hospital will be the lucky one that will deliver Baby Smith?
Love, MeMaw/Kay

Anonymous said...

Well, I just keep laughing out loud in celebration of that Bean! I loved reading Kelley & Kris & Cami & Sara & Kay's notes...seems like Bean has gotta be a girl...swallows her gum (that's where the hiccups came from), Drama Queen,looks like her Mama. Can't wait to see those little fingers and toes, and kiss each one!

Love you all!

Grandpa & Grannie

Anonymous said...

Well, just look at Baby Smith. Already stretching and warming up to play that first tennis match.
Love, Delo

::Love Wins:: said...

I know I talked to you last night but I had to hop on here and check out the blog. Yours is all fancy in what not, Im gonna need some help with mine, not to mention i need to know my soon to be "uncle" duties. I am so excited for yall for your new bundle of joy, I know you will be great parents...I mean you put up with us for a few years! Tell Justin I say Hey!

blessings,
jc

RCRambling said...

Just blog-hopping and wanted to say congratulations from one Smith family to another. Take care and have a safe and healthy pregnancy. (Enjoy every minute - even the not feeling the best part - it goes past way too quickly!)

Anonymous said...

You do have a baby in there. It is exciting to hear the heart beat and just wait until you feel that little sweetheart move. I think I can see the babies features, but then I have a pretty big imagination. Trust you will be feeling lots better soon and can cruise right on through this pregnacy.
Love you guys,
Sissy

the thorntons said...

Ooooh!!! I see it, and it made me a little teary too! I'm so excited for the miracle going on inside you right now. I agree with the drama queen comments by the way...you may have your hands full!

Sarah said...

Rach! Oh, I really must see you when I come home! Sooo excited for yall about the baby and the move. You will have many old friends to reconnect with in A-town. Houston will miss you!

Love,

Sarah