Sunday, October 19, 2008

I've been tagged

Some of our friends back in the Dallas/Fort Worth area tagged me to find the sixth photo in the sixth file of my computer and post it here. Ashley, I can't tell you how well-timed this is! So, here it is!!! Aunt Kelley, this is what you get for saying bad things about NKOTB!

To give the rest of you a little background, this is my family Christmas in 2006. My family is not konwn for doing ordinary things for our Christmas celebration. About seven years ago, we had a spam-sculpting contest. For Justin's first Christmas with the Dickerson clan, we decorated our men in shaving cream to see who could look the most like Santa. Because Justin is a trim, lean, great-looking tennis machine without a 'belly like a bowl full of jelly', he lost but got a bloodied nose for his efforts! I'm not sure what we were doing this Christmas, but in the background of this picture my Uncle James (or Jim) is getting ready to have a Nerf shotgun war with his favorite present that year, which was given to him and my Uncle Tony by who knows whom and they had a battle right there in the living room, too small vests and all. Just to further illustrate this point, here's another picture of him, pre-battle.

We're a fun group (nope, I didn't say normal), and I can't wait to see what Christmas brings this year. Justin's going to be able to go with me, and I just can't wait! Maybe a draw our baby out of jello cubes contest or something?!

5 comments:

kelley80 said...

Obviously six is not my lucky number.
Okay, all I have to say is, it's not fair that you put a picture of me on your blog the VERY DAY I got released from my "reformed anorexia" group home!! As you can see in the photo I am then turning to a life of bulimia (by shoving BOTH my fists down my throat) in order to maintain my svelte appearance. NOT FAIR, NOT FAIR, NOT FAIR!!
Okay, all is forgiven for now but just wait until Christmas Missy...we have something REALLY special in store for you! Kris and I have been in the planning stage for MONTHS!! Everyone reading this blog...tune back in for some fascinating photos that I will post on my own blog that I will title "Rachel, queen of Christmas 2008". BWAAAHAHAHAHAHA!!
*evil grin*---and no, Rachel. I do not take credit cards for bribes, cash yes, cards, no. On second thought, I think I will title my blog "karma". Thanks for the idea Racheypoo!
In accordance with federal law, copyright Act, Title 17 U.S. Code, which states: Unauthorized internet distribution of copyrighted materials shall be punishable by law. As plainly seen in my lap is one of my famous copyrighted sketches. I will therefore be seeking royalties based on Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998 ("DMCA").
On a good note...I should be able to practice law by the time this baby arrives!

Love,

your "soon to be banned from your blog" Aunt Kelley

Anonymous said...

All I can say is I'm glad you didn't post the Thanksgiving picture of me with celery sticks hanging out of my nose.

I'm waiting for a profile shot of you and the Bean! Houston feels very far away right now... miss you all three
very much.

MeMaw said...

Rach,
I see we miss a lot by not spending Christmas in Kansas!!! I knew that Justin had a blast his first Christmas there. What a fun and loving family you have. I'm glad I don't have a blog that got "tagged" because I couldn't have found the sixth photo in the sixth file. I hope we get to see you soon and I hope you didn't spend time getting ready for us and we didn't come. I thought Steve had let Justin know. Much love,
Kay

Anonymous said...

OOH, Rachel. I thought I raised at least one intelligent daughter! You really set yourself up for this coming Christmas ... don't you and Justin have other plans? Both Kel and Kris will be gunning for you, not to mention James & Tony. Even I can't wait to see what's in store for you, Justin, & Bean! At least it takes the heat off of Jan & me. PHEW!!!

Can't wait to see you guys soon! Love you lots and LOTS!!!

Lucky Grandpa & Granny D.

kelley80 said...

Ummmmmmm....hello? Don't you have some new news to put on here to replace this particular blog entry? Sheesh! GET ME OFF OF HERE!!! lol

Make up something if you have to! Post the picture with Kris extruding celery from her nasal cavity if you have to! I don't care what it is...just get me off the headline!