Sunday, November 30, 2008

Diaper Poll!

Ok, I forgot this earlier today, but I need a lot of opinions! Girls who have just had boys (within the last year or two), I need your vote! Here are my questions:
1) What's the best diaper?
2) What's the best wipe?
Now, I need a lot of help here! We went to register today and I can't believe I forgot to take this poll before we did that! I didn't register for a single diaper or wipe today, so I need all your voices, and share with your friends, too! The more new mommies' votes I have, the better! Aunts, godmothers and grandmothers, share your voices, too!
Thanks! :)
-Rachel

9 comments:

The Vann's said...

I know you asked for mommies with boys but just thought I would throw my opinion out there. We like Pamper swaddlers for newborn baby diapers and then Huggies for bigger babies (only because they are a little less expensive than Pampers and just as good), and definitely Huggies wipes. We have tried them all and by far Huggies are the best wipeys!!

Love you,
-Carissa

Hope said...

I hear that Huggies are generally better for boys than Pampers are. It has something to do with the way it fits around the legs and bottom. Girls generally have more junk in the trunk (yes, even babies), so Pampers fit their bottoms better and have fewer leaks. And Huggies work better for boys and have fewer leaks. IN GENERAL! It may not work for your little dude.
The best wipe? We use Sam's Club brand of wipes, and they work great. They come in little packages with a pop-up lid that is incredibly convenient and easy to carry in the diaper bag. We love 'em.

Anonymous said...

Shucks. We're so old we used gunny sacks and lye soap....Not really!

Just dunk him in a tub every now and then, swish him around, and coat his little bottom with vasoline....Not really!

I'll let the recent expert Mom and Dad's give you advise here.

Love you!

Grandpa D.

ThePoeFam said...

Sarah Thornton is my BFF from forever and I clicked on your blog through hers...the best diaper in my opinion is Pampers Swaddlers for new borns and then Pampers for ever after that! I have a 20 month old little boy and we're still in Pampers...they're SOOO soft compared to eveything else...Huggies feel like paper to me and Pampers feel like cloth! ... And, for wipes, we use the Pampers sensitive still! They're so soft and NO smell! ... Good luck! :)

Ashley said...

hey girl!
alright! here's our story with diapers. in our experience, pampers are a little smaller than huggies. they both work GREAT with court. we just use pampers when he first starts a new size and then huggies next. one thing you might do when he's about to move to a new size, is put him in the bigger size at night because it will hold more and not leak. we even have used the generic walmart diapers (but not at night or naps b/c they leak). so, our vote is pampers then huggies once he's a little bigger. we don't like the sam's wipes, but that is just a matter of preference. we get the huggies big pack from sam's and it lasts forever! and pampers are more expensive than huggies but i don't know why. go to diapers.com b/c they have really great deals on diapers, free shipping, etc. hope that helps!

The Bethancourts said...

Okay now I will confuse you...my sister-in-law (mother of a boy) is pampers all the way. All of her friends say pampers for boys and huggies for girls--which happens to be just the opposite of what another of your friends said! So, sheesh, I don't know...

I have had a consensus however on the pampers swaddlers at the beginning. My friend with 4 boys said Target diapers are worthless. My other sister-in-law with 4 boys really liked the Costco brand of diapers. But it might just be a trial and error for everyone. And I have heard about the "tuck down" fix for boys: tuck 'it' down so you have less leaks...

Anonymous said...

I have a 2 yr old boy and whenever he wore Huggies they leaked like crazy but we've had great luck with Pampers Cruisers. As for wipes I also prefer Pampers, the sensitive ones when they're young and then the Swipers you start to need something a little more durable.

Mrs. Mays said...

We just had our first boy on Nov. 17th. I've been using Pampers swaddlers for newborns and we haven't had any leaks they are really soft as well. But we are pretty new at this so who knows!

Anonymous said...

I vote for Huggies wipes too! As far as the diapers, you may want to wait to buy a bunch. Huggies gave Jack rashes, but worked great for James. I stayed with Pampers for Wes. He's never had a blow out....I never considered before that it may be the diaper rather than the boy :)

You look beautiful Rachel! I'm so glad all is going smoothly. Tell Justin Happy Belated Birthday for us!
Love,
Michelle