I went to the doctor again today and it was so good to see my "real" doctor. She looks great and I can't believe she had a baby four weeks ago! I really liked my "temporary" doctor, but there's just something comforting about knowing for sure who will deliver your baby.
Anyway, I'm not dilated at all yet, though she said that it's not uncommon for first time moms to barely dilate, if at all, and then have their babies the next day. I'm just hoping that he'll come on or before his due date at this point, but while I'm waiting, I'm trying to enjoy these last days (ten of them, to be exact) until his due date, cherishing every hiccup and movement.
His heartbeat was in the 130s which is normal for this time in a pregnancy, especially as he prepares for his debut and there's less wiggle room in his current niche.
I would still really love for you all to pray for me, that I'll be ready and at peace when Noah's ready for his big debut and that Justin and I would be the parents that we both had: ones who will raise this precious baby in a manner that reflects the love of God clearly. Thanks so much for all your encouragement. Keep it coming, and we'll keep you guys updated! I'll post a big belly picture in the next couple of days, too, so you guys can see just how ready I am!
Oh, and if you're not following Justin's blog, you should and be on the lookout for a change in the next couple of weeks! Also, if we don't have your address and you'd like a birth announcement, just let us know and we'll add you to our list. We'll never be shy about showing him off!
Thursday, April 2, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





2 comments:
So the kid is gonna stay inside until the outside weather warms up a bit more, eh. Smart kid!
Mom and I are praying every day for his arrival at exactly the right time! We sure know one thing is a given: you two are already some of the best parents we've ever known...can't wait to see you all in action on a day-to-day basis. That Noah-Bean is one lucky kid, as well as smart!
Love all 3 of you!
Granny & Grandpa D
Tony has tied my arms to my sides, stuffed a sock in my mouth, disconnected all the phones and locked me in the barn so I won't call and bug you: "No baby yet? Are you ok? How are you feeling? Any news? Where's the baby? Are you sure you're feeling ok?? Are you SURE?"
I used my teeth to pick the knots on the ropes yesterday long enough to escape, break into a neighbor's house,call your mom and bug HER about you.
Seriously, we're spending a good portion of every day wondering about our girl Rachel... sure excited to hear the good news...
WHENEVAH. Love you billions!
Post a Comment