We stayed with Lindsay and Timothy, and we so enjoyed getting to spend time with them. I love what Lindsay has done with her house; it feels so much like a home, and we appreciated their hospitality!
Lots of you have called and emailed wondering about Hurricane Ike. My school is closed tomorrow and Justin will get off work about 7:00 am tomorrow (Friday, September 12), and then we're headed to see my folks in Fort Worth. I can't wait to see them, and hopefully we'll be guaranteed electricity (and we'll get some REALLY good food). Thanks for all your concern. Justin and I talked and can't remember what kind of hurricane insurance we have, so we'd appreciate your prayers for the safety of our house!
I went to Target today to get non-perishable food for our drive tomorrow, and it was boarded up! The city we live in is out of gas, so it's really weird to drive around. There aren't many people that are boarding up their houses, but I couldn't resist taking a picture of Target. Take a peek!
WEIRD, HUH?!?! Anyway, we'll post again when we know more about the weather and let you all know when we get somewhere safe!





3 comments:
I hope you and Justin have a safe trip to Fort Worth! I also hope the traffic is not too bad. I had to evacuate Houston for Rita three years ago and it took 13 hours - no fun. We were in Louisiana for Labor Day weekend and had to evacuate, it is eerie to see all the businesses boarded up.
I was wondering about y'all. Glad you are heading out of town!
Gee, to see Target all boarded up is odd... that's enough to send Kelley into a deep depression!
So glad you're out of harm's way. Hope your home stays safe and sound.
Post a Comment