Monday, February 2, 2009

Every Two Weeks!

Hello week 30! Sunday, February 1 was the beginning of week 30 for Noah and I. It's been amazing to continue to feel him moving around. I went to the doctor on Wednesday and she said everything seems to be going well. I was a little concerned because Noah seems to be moving around a little less, but it also seems like his active times are changing. Amazingly, it seems like this little guy might like to sleep in just as much as his mommy! I know that's a lot to hope for, but we'll see.
Week 30 also marks the beginning of the every two week appointments! I'm so pumped about this because I'll get more regular updates about how Noah is doing and I'll get to ask my questions closer together, which leaves a lot less time for me to forget them! So, my next appointment is February 11. I'll get my last sonogram done to make sure that his slightly decreased movements aren't the result of the problem but are instead just his patterns becoming more regular.
Congrats to Dee Dee and Cody on the birth of baby Davis and to Phillip and Cami on the birth of Nathan Ross! Lots of playmates for Noah, and I can't wait until he's here and we can play with him and love him and hug him and kiss him!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

And tease him! Don't forget about that! I can't help it... it's the Dickerson in me.

love, Auntie Kris

Hope said...

Yay! So close!!

the thorntons said...

I can't believe how close you're getting! I know he is going to be just perfect and that you and Justin are gonna be the best parents!

The Bethancourts said...

You are closing in on the final lap Rachel! We cannot even explain how fun and exciting having a baby boy is. We're excited for y'all and Nathan says "I can't wait to meet Noah!"

Anonymous said...

I've been practicing "put your finger in here!" and the "trapped between the knees" hugs on Murry, so when Noah gets here, he'll have lots of fun with Grandpa D!!!

And, Granny is practicing "shut-up, Jack!" and "dooooooon't terrorize the kid!" so Noah will know he has a great friend in his Granny!

We keep praying multiple times a day for you and Noah-Bean and Justin!

Love you all more every day!

Granny & Grandpa D.

Anonymous said...

Hi Baby Bean!

It's Aunt Sara! Sorry it's been so long since I left a comment! :( I can't wait to meet you! Just wanted to say hi and let you know that I think of you, your mommy and your daddy lots! Love you!

kelley80 said...

Okay Noah...here's the list.

1. The agonizing "pinky crush". (This also has other variations of all the phalanges.)
2. The debilitating "leg lock smash". (in an earlier admission they were referred to as "hugs"??)
3. These two are kind of the same...the "toss into the ceiling fan ride" or the "wheeeeee, that was fun until I hit the glass table top flight 72" (this was kind of a one time John Dickerson game...might not be repeated. Might have been his birthday or somthin'????)

The items above will always be followed by these two speeches...

1. Oh, I have had a worse place in my eye.

2. (ear piercing)
JAAAAAAAAAAAAACK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Okay, so there you go. Don't forget your Aunt Kelley loves you and offers you a safe haven if you ever see that "look" in your Grandpa D's eyes. Don't panic, it will only excite him...kind of like running from a bear. Just lay low until your Granny D is within a safe distance and then run to her for a bag of oreos.

Many of Dickersons have lived through repeated pinky crushes and lived to tell about them. Just remember, it's not their fault necessarily, it's just DNA. It cannot be helped. Oh yeah...you will have some of that same DNA in you so study the Dickerson Arts because someday Grasshopper, you will need these for your own little ones.

Love,

Aunt Kelley

(ok, I hope I haven't scared anyone....really, I even lived through the "NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO KRRRRRIIIIIIIISSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!! Don't get off the 97 mph whirley ride on a slope game" with only one major scar!)