First of all, I hope you like the new blog. I'm going to try to do one for each holiday, so I'll hopefully keep up with it. Don't be upset, though, if I don't have one up for St. Patrick's Day; I'm a very busy girl!
Justin and I went to our prepared childbirth class yesterday and I had to watch a birth! I think that Justin was a little nervous about me watching it because as soon as it ended he looked at me with his anxious face and said, "You ok?" His reaction was so cute, but NOT the video! I came away from it and the class thinking, "Ok, I know women have done this for thousands of years, but I don't know if I can do this!" There were definitely some parts that I was a little nervous about that I feel much better about, but there were some parts that I didn't know would be so difficult or so long! I mean, they told me that I might be PUSHING for up to two hours. That's just the pushing! That's not the labor, the contractions, the ice chips...no no no. That's just the PUSHING! Yikes! So, I'd most definitely appreciate all your prayers for my scared little mind to be calm and that God would make me ready for Noah's debut!
On another note, I had a little scare last Wednesday. From the time I woke up at 5:00 am until I got worried enough to call the doctor at 8:30 am, I didn't feel Noah move at all, which is odd because he's usually a little wiggle worm in the mornings. So, I went in and took a fetal stress test which is nothing more than being monitored and very tightly hooked up to machines. It was just fine as soon as the nurse found the heartbeat. They said that everything looks fine. I'm a little concerned about his lack of movement, but we have a sonogram this Wednesday to take one last cloudy look at Noah. Hopefully they'll confirm that everything is fine and that I'm just one more in the ranks of paranoid pregnant women!
That's all for now! Look for more updates on Wednesday and hopefully a picture or two of baby Noah!
Monday, February 9, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





6 comments:
You are a brave, brave girl. I know you'll do fine!
You can do it! Easy as pie! Quick as a wink!
Love, your non-child-bearing aunt Kris
plllllllllbbbbbbbbttttttt....I have had a worse place in my eye!
Love, your other non-child-bearing aunt Kelley
Okay, that first message...sorry, it was straight from heaven. I had nothing to do with it, I was just the messenger.
You think you are paranoid? Shoot! If I was in your condition I would LIVE at the hospital from conception until Noah was five years old! lol
Maybe you will break some world record and have about 2.8 seconds of labor, no pushing, just one little sneeze and he will pop right out screaming his little lungs out!
Love,
Kelley
Rach,
I've seen you tackle lots of things and it will be just fine. Hopefully Justin won't have a sick headache and he will be able to run out and get you something to eat after Noah comes and not bring you back a cold Burger King whopper because he was throwing up on the parking lot with a sick headache!!!
I got confused about when the sonogram was - so just say tomorrow, where I said today on my text! Our internet service was out last night and Delores told me you had updated your blog, so I hurried over to check it out! Like the new design!
Love, Kay
Love the pink-ness! And I laughed out loud a couple of times as I read your blog.
Pushing???? Labor??? Ice chips???? Gee, your Mommy didn't have ANY of that (except for the pushing, labor, and screaming for ice chips part....hmmmm....)
I think Kris and Kel are just about as out-to-lunch as they usually are. "Easy as pie...." "...2.8 seconds..." Let's just shoot for "easy as can be...." 2.8 hours TOTAL for labor & delivery" and then a lifetime of Ooh-ing and Aah-ing!
And what's all this about Justin's throwing up...that's what he went to medical school for, isn't it? So he could help you through the birthing process WITHOUT throwing up!?! All the other "doctor" stuff was peripheral...
Love you guys....got your text message about chubby and long limbs..can't wait to talk to you all!
Love,
Grandpa & Granny D.
Rachel
You are going to do great! It is all a bit overwhelming at first, but you will step up for game day when the time comes. I guess I had a start to finish time of 13 hrs (2 pushing) and it was well worth the work. Just keep thinking every contraction, every push is one step closer to Noah in your arms...and no doubt Justin will be a great encouragement to you. You can do it girl!
Post a Comment