Apparently God knew what He was doing when He made a woman's womb. At least, that's what Noah thinks! I went to the doctor today and there's no movement there; I'm not dilated at all. The doctor seemed just as disappointed as I was, as this was my last week with my "temporary" doctor and I'm the only pregnant patient that hasn't had her baby yet during my "real" doctor's maternity leave. Hopefully Noah will decide soon that he'd like to stretch beyond the confines of my abdomen (although it seems like he tries to do this some now) and wants to join our dry and cold world. Although, at least now I always know where he is and that he's safe, which I'm told are the primary causes of sleep loss in all parents.
To all of you who've called, posted and emailed, thanks so much for your prayers. I just want a healthy baby and to come out on the other side of labor as a whole woman ready to take care of my beautiful baby (Is it ok if I already think he'll be beautiful?). As we approach delievery day, Justin and I covet your prayers, specifically for me (Rachel) as I conquer some personal fears I've had for a long time about childbirth. I know, I know, you forget how horrible it was, but my fears mainly stem around the fact that there are dangers involved, and I'd love to have a peace that passes all understanding and to walk away from Noah's delivery safely. So, please start praying now that God would protect Noah and me. I really appreciate it!
Wednesday, March 25, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





11 comments:
hey girl!! you are going to have SUCH a beautiful baby!!! i still call court beautiful - i'm trying to say handsome more though since now he understands what i'm saying!! i will say some prayers for a speedy, safe, and as painless as possible delivery. don't worry about not dilating. i was a 1 for about 3 weeks. i walked my booty off at the mall just knowing that would help, went back to the doc, and she "stetched" me to a 1 1/2 on a wed. then, all of the sudden by friday i was in labor and at a 4 when i got to the hospital. i had NO braxton hicks at all, so my first contraction was the day he was born. crazy!! love you guys!!
Rachel,
You can call that baby pretty if you want to....Grandpa always said he himself was pretty...lol.
Well, I have no words of wisdom when it comes to childbirth, my entire resume for that only includes Lucky when she dropped her four in a cardboard box in the bathroom but I will say my prayers for you and I am sure you will do just fine. You're a Dickerson! And remember, no matter the pain, I have had a worse place in my eye.
Ummmm, for all of you that don't know, Lucky is my dog, not my sister. HA HA HA
Love,
Kelley
We're praying for all 3 of you several times every day. Now we'll be sure to be specific about peace for Rachel in those prayers.
Remember, I saw the doctor on the day you were born and they told me I was not in labor. You sure fooled them! Noah will arrive at just the right time -- can't wait and I wish he'd hurry but it will be just the right time!
We're just so grateful that he's celebrated his "term day."
Love you all, Granny and Grandpa D
Just thought of something...go out to a nice long dinner, movie, putt putt, a few lines of bowling, late night shopping at Walmart, read a book, paint your nails, take a bubble bath, play with the dogs, topped off with a giant ice cream sundae at Coldstone, because before you know it, you won't have the time or energy or babysitter!
love,
Kelley
I've been thinking about and praying for you SO much these past couple of days. Just trust that God will grant you peace that only He can give. When it's my turn, I know I'm going to have all the same fears as you, and you're going to be such an encouragement because you will have already sailed through childbirth with flying colors!
I imagine God is doing a bit of final detail work on Mr. Noah... adding a little more sugar here, a few angel kisses there. Before you know it, he'll get a little pat on the head and be on his way. (Noah probably has April 11 circled on his intra-uterine calendar... we'll see.)
In the meantime, we'll add some extra prayers for all three of you. Love you bunches... don't forget!
--(Almost) Great Auntie Kris
It won't be long until I am there and hopefully Noah will decide to venture out into the world! I am looking forward to seeing you and possibly Noah!
If I can just make it through this week without going crazy!
Love, Memaw/Kay
I just told Justin on his blog that I'm still holding on to April 9th around 11:30 a.m. Don't know why that date sticks in my mind, but I'm putting a $20 spot on it for Noah-Bean's savings/education fund. Anyone else wanna take a guess? Winner gets braggin' rights!
Most of all, sweet Rachel, you know Granny and I are praying many times every day for you, for Noah, and for Justin...for just the right time for his premiere appearance. We're praying for the labor & delivery process to be a sweet remembrance for you and Justin, and for (as Auntie Kris so wonderfully said) God to pat Noah-Bean on the head and tell him "it's time, my boy!"
Of course, Auntie Kel also has a point...worse places in my eye...
LOVE YOU THREE!!!!!!
Dear Noah: April 6 might be one fine birthday! It was a very lucky day for all of us not so long ago...(where did all those years go, anyway?) Your mama deserves one wonderful birthday present this year. Could it be... you?
Dear Rachel: If Noah doesn't arrive on your birthday, I have six new kittens that I'm going to wrap up and mail to you for your birthday... one black, one gray, four orange ones, two without tails! (Are cats a threat or an incentive?)
Love you Smiths.
David,
I am willing to ante up for a date. However, since you seem to get the play by play from Rachel, I am going to wait until I hear from one of you for what happened at the Dr. office today and then I will place my bet. Are we going for all or nothing bragging rights or an actual win, place and show?
I should have waited on the JibJab, that might have made her go into labor that very moment. RATS!
Kel,
The pool is an all-out, win or lose deal...ONLY ONE person gets braggin' rights! Rach has posted her new blog, so check it out!
Love to all the Smiths!!!!
Granny & Grandpa D.
Post a Comment