Friday, April 24, 2009

2 Week Stats

We went to the doctor for Noah today. He weighs 9 pounds, 6 ounces and is in the 75th percentile for weight. The nurse measured him at 21.75 inches, but they said when he was born he was 22 inches long. Regardless, that's the 95th percentile for height. His head circumference was 16 and some, which was the 60th percentile. According to my mom, that means that he's not a Bogart because Bogarts have large heads. For those of you who don't know, Noah and I both required forceps at delivery because Bogarts, my mom's maiden name, traditionally have large heads. I think that he is a Bogart, but he's only one fourth of a Bogart so he's just not AS big of a Bogart as I was. :)
At the doctor today they also took of what was left of Noah's umbilical cord, so he's officially an infant rather than a newborn. It's a very good thing, but a sad little milestone for his emotional Mom! They also poked his heel so they could do the newborn screening for the state of Texas, which was very hard on Mom and Noah, who skipped a meal so he could sleep because he was so upset from getting his heel pricked.
I'll take some official two week pictures tomorrow, as that's his official two week birthday and post them next week.
Otherwise, things are still going very well. Noah is eating like a champ and fights sleep already (much like his mom), he smiles all the time but not in response to anything specific (that's not until 2 months) and I still love being a Mom. I can't even think about leaving him with someone else so if I get a job in Abilene, you're going to have to pray a lot for me!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Those nasty ol' pediatricians, anyway - poking his heel and turning him into an infant! HOW DARE THEY!!!! (OOPS...you're married to one, aren't you! huh-huh-huh.....Hi Justin! :)....)

Those smiles just take your breath away, don't they! I have the one showing that great dimple as my "wallpaper" now, and I spend long moments smiling with him every day!

Can't wait to see you THREE at graduation day for M.A. Rachel!

Love you all!

Granny & Grandpa D

Auntie Kris said...

When he's smiling, I'll bet Noah's thinking about: Chocolate cupcakes. Swimming pools. Grandma Elsie. Miniature donkies. Fred and Reds chili. George Clooney.

No, wait, that's what I'M thinking about. Noah's still listening to the angels whispering in his ear... they're probably telling him funny stories about what's going on in Heaven today. Sure wish I could hear that!

Love you guys!

kelley80 said...

Glad to see Noah fights sleep, now David and I will have an extra player in our two a.m. Jotto games!

I have an idea about your new job and leaving Noah with someone Rach...Skype your sessions! Hey, if Oprah can do it, so can you! What?!!???
You laugh? Okay fine, there goes my idea of you going international...(sigh).....

Love,

Kelley

MeMaw said...

Grandpa D and Granny,
Noah loves the ceiling fan in the living room--he thinks you put it there for his entertainment. He can't wait to see you both either!

Hope said...

Cool, what a big dude. Are you thinking about trying to get a job in Abilene and going back to work?
I recommend staying at home. It's AWESOME! I love being a SAHM.