Sunday, April 5, 2009

Belly Pic

Here you go! For all of you who wanted to see my belly, this is me at 39 weeks! It's a lot different than the week 21 picture that I put up a while ago! What a difference 18 weeks makes.
Noah's still content; no action to speak of, but we do have the laptop and the camera ready to take to the hospital so that all of you who are far away can still be a part. For those of you who are having a pool, anything past my due date is CRUEL!!! :)
I do have to say that this pregnancy has been one of the best experiences of my life. My family in Kansas is so excited that it's just been a blessing and everyone's gifts and calls and cards remind us of the great friends and family that we have. Thanks to Grannie and Kris for the CDs to labor by (I'll let you know how that goes) and for the lullaby CD. It's been such a blessing to have those CDs with Grandpa's favorites; it's like he's still here to welcome Noah. Hey, maybe that's one of the reasons Noah's not here yet! Maybe Grandpa's not ready to let go of him in heaven yet, or Grandma or Grandpa Bogart?!?! Or, maybe Uncle Jim and Uncle Dick are still giving him instructions on how to tease everyone just right, or survive all the teasing to come. I can hope and dream, anyway. There's one thing that's clear, though, and that's the fact that there's been no baby who's been loved so much, this side of his grand entrance, or so anticipated by two parents!
Please keep up the prayers for delivery and us as we welcome Noah in to the real world. We'll keep you guys updated with any news. Who knows, maybe he'll be Mommy's birthday boy (my birthday is tomorrow)! No matter when he comes, we're ready and we'll welcome him with open arms!

6 comments:

Stephanie said...

You look great! I am so happy that your pregnancy has been a happy time, with only more wonderful moments to look forward to... Happy Birthday today! Your baby will be the best gift ever, even if he decides to wait a few more days to arrive. We will be saying prayers for all three of you this next week!

MeMaw said...

Delmon may be having a bit to say about when Noah makes his entrance, too! I bet your uncles and granddad are visiting with him now. They are making plans for all the great things he will do as he grows and instilling in him a love for the Lord!!!
Love, Kay

the thorntons said...

What a sweet post! Noah has NO idea how anticipated his arrival is! I can't wait to hear that you're a happy family of THREE!! Praying for you lots and lots...

kelley80 said...

Lord help you if Grandpa Jack has Noah right now. He won't ever let go! I have this picture in my mind right now of Noah's pinky turning black and blue...here, put your finger in here. And if Dick is there with them they are probably teaching him the fine art of junking and garage sale etiquette...Dickerson Style "hey, will you take a quarter for that old sedan ya got over there? How 'bout I throw in an extra dime and I will take that antique roll top desk off your hands and get it outta your yard?".

Looking in my crystal ball I am seeing the 10th. Does that help? After shaking it again I see the 12th, ugh...I won't shake it again, might be the 23rd next and I don't want to be mean. I need to take that thing in for a tune up I guess. I will stick with the 10th. If you wait it out till the 11th though I will never ever forget his birthday so can I stretch it out one more day? I can see that Rachel is starting to turn her eyebrows down at me so...how about the 8th? That's tomorrow? Now...do you love me Rachel? Am I your favorite now? There is still a few hours of today left...how about now?

Love,

Kelley

Anonymous said...

Oh NO!!!! Grandpa Dickerson's leg-scissors! Noah will NEVER escape....Gee. Another dreadful thought: I hope he doesn't arrive with an old grungy golf glove. Dick always work a golf glove whenever he went fishing because he didn't want to touch a fish. Can you imagine that?

Of course, Noah could be learning how to rope and corral a bunch of steers from what I know about his great-grandpa on Justin's side of the family. What a blessed heritage Noah has, eh!

I'm still holding out for him to come out howling at a full moon on the 9th! See you then!

Rachel, you're so right about him being one of the most loved babies in the world...on both sides of his arrival! Just can't wait!

Love you, all 3, more and more every day!

Granny & Grandpa D.

Auntie Kristi said...

You KNOW we're all going to fighting over Noah, don't you?

Your Grandpa sure loved babies...
I can hear Grannie right now: "Jack!! Don't squeeze him so hard!" (He was a big believer in the oxygen-depriving, rib-cracking Hug-O-Death.) Noah's probably sittin' on Grandpa's knee right now in a big old rocker, just taking it easy 'til his birthday arrives.Maybe watching the Royals.

April 11! Get out and chase Lucy & Linus round the backyard a few times that morning!

And I think you are the most beautiful mommy-to-be in Texas.