Anyway, you can still go to Justin's old blog, now Noah's blog, to see some pictures. Here's two I stole off of Noah's blog, and I'll update more tomorrow. Today, picture taking was the last thing on my mind.

.jpg)
So, about being a mom...I love it. I didn't think that I'd like it this much or be this attached this soon. I've always heard about those moments when you first look in your baby's eyes and feel this strong love and devotion. It wasn't exactly like that, but more an amazement that this baby is ours and that you can look at something and see so much of yourself. He's a great baby who is chill most of the the time and who is really peaceful when he's awake. He's feeding well and in general is just a great baby. In short, we're VERY lucky and I really love being a mom.
Justin has taken to the dad role very well, too. He's a doting father and husband. I haven't had to change a diaper yet and Justin has been very comforting to me as a paranoid new mom. He's answered every request I've had as a new mom willingly and lovingly (and with a smile on his face and a gentle touch to my face or hand) no matter how silly the request or how paranoid I sound. And believe me, I've asked, "Is that normal?" more times in the last two days than I ever have before in my entire life combined! Justin's so patient to explain causes and things as a husband and a dad, not just a pediatrician.
So, in short, I love this life. I know it's all about to change and we're still in the babymoon period, but I do love being a mom. For those of you close, stop by and see us; I'll be home quite a bit in the next six to eight weeks, and I'd love for you to see him up close.
Rach





9 comments:
WONDERFUL! Congratulations to you and Justin. I was so excited to see pictures of Noah. Enjoy every moment of being a new mom - it is a magical, entralling, overwhelming, emotional experience. I remember the "is this normal" moments too! You are very blessed to have such a wonderful husband for support. God bless your new family!
Whooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!! YAY for you!!! I want to hear all the gory details about the birth experience...whenever you feel up to writing them down. That's so awesome, congratulations to you both. He's so precious!
If I could drive myself and didn't have a puppy dog recovering from surgery also, I would jump in my Jeep and drive down to see Noah TODAY! I really wish I could. He is such a doll, and it sounds like he is very happy and loved. You are gonna be the coolest mom ever. Hope to see you all sooner than later! :-)
Ohhh...yay! I'm so glad everything went well. He is precious...just perfect! Wish we were still across the cul-de-sac so I could come by, hold him, bring you guys dinner...whatever you need. Enjoy this time. You and Justin will never be the same and it is amazing the transformation God makes in new parents!
I loved watching the love between the three of you!!! I am so thankful I was able to be there shortly after Noah's birth and I am so glad that your parents made it in time. I know it was hard on them waiting and not knowing what was going on! I can remember my Mom saying she wished she could have gone through childbirth for me so that I wouldn't have to. I look forward to many wonderful times with the three of you as Noah experiences Christ love through you both!!! love, Kay/MeMaw
We are all so happy for you- I can't wait to meet him - he is beautiful! Let us knowif you need anything!
No...you've asked "is THAT normal?" with lots of different vocal inflections all through your life, and at least 1,000 times a day! Maybe not exactly those words, but - yep - that question! But, it's a good one, and never was (much of) a pain in the you-know-what.
I liked Kay's note...just to be there to see how much you and Justin and Noah love each other is amazing! God knew what he was doing when he put the 3 of you together!
Can't wait to come back this weekend for more!
Love you more every day!
Granny & Grandpa D.
Congratulations! I am so glad things are going so well for you guys. I can't wait to meet Noah!
Kara
He is adorable!!!! I was in the culdesac this afternoon for a playdate and almost came by for a visit, but didn't know if you were up for visits yet. I would love to come by to visit you guys, so I'll send you an email and set something up.
Post a Comment